Carine Research

Tips for tongue tied and terrified speakers

Sep. 4th | Posted by 0 comments

AIIP Connections, September 2014Tips for tongue tied & terrified speakers_picture

If the thought of public speaking fills you with dread – you are not alone.

It is said that 85% of people feel nervous before they speak to an audience, and the other 15% are lying!

It’s easier to enjoy speaking to an audience, if you can confidently think that everything will be okay on the day, using the five simple tips ~

  1. Talk to friends about your upcoming speaking gig.
  2. Don’t procrastinate too much, focus on your audience’s needs, and use PowerPoint sparingly.
  3. Rehearse your presentation out loud.
  4. Have a contingency plan.
  5. Use a few ‘fake it’ tips to look calm and cool

Tips for tongue tied and terrified speakers, AIIP Connections, Sept 2014

0 comments Add a comment

No comments yet.

Add a Comment

reset all fields