Carine Research

Research Tips

Research Tips is a free newsletter and blog brimming with practical ideas and tips for finding the business information you need, when you need it.

It is read by researchers, consultants, business owners and librarians around the world.

“Another great newsletter – you seem to have it just right in terms of giving really useful info in exactly digestible bites!”
Researcher, Massachusetts, USA

“Thank you for the tips. I like them as they are short and succinct”
Researcher, Sydney, Australia

“I do enjoy your newsletter. It’s always fresh, and of course the Aussie twist.”
Researcher, Chicago, IL

“I enjoy your succinct newsletter – informational”
Business intelligence researcher, Ontario, Canada

“Your business research tips will help me become a better researcher”
Researcher, Denmark

“Always good, useful info – which is what we like!”
Knowledge Manager, Adelaide, SA

“Many thanks for your enlightening newsletter. Very much enjoy your writing”
Performance Strategist, Adelaide SA

Making your case

Sep. 28th | Posted by 0 comments
Making the caseWhen information is everywhere, how do you make your case, and communicate your value as an information professional? Read more...

Tips for tongue tied and terrified speakers

Sep. 4th | Posted by 0 comments
Tips for tongue tied & terrified speakers_pictureIf the thought of public speaking fills you with dread – you are not alone. It is said that 85% of people feel nervous before they speak to an audience, and the other 15% are lying! It’s easier to enjoy speaking to an audience, if you can confidently think that everything will be okay on the day, using these five simple tips. Read more...

Making the C.A.S.E. for legal industry information professionals

Jul. 8th | Posted by 0 comments
Bussiness DiscussionInformation professionals looking to fine tune your strategies, evidence and arguments to make the C.A.S.E. for your role in the changing legal industry, this is the workshop for you. In lead up to C.A.S.E. [2014] ALLA 5000, Heather Carine will lead a 90 minute productive workshop, where participants will Collaborate, Advocate, Strategise and Educate. Read more...


Informing the high performing

Jun. 26th | Posted by 0 comments
Business comparison graph_iStock_000005308410SmallHigh performing organisations have been envied and analysed for a long time to work out what makes them rise above the pack. There are assorted lists of characteristics for high performing organisations which get bandied about, depending on which think tank, industry group or consulting firm has been analysing the HPOs, always starting with leadership at the top of the list. Read more...

Heather receives Achievement Honour

Jun. 25th | Posted by 1 comments
Heather Carine accepting Penguin Club Certificate of Achievement award_croppedIn Adelaide, South Australia, AIIP member Heather Carine was honoured with a Certificate of Achievement from The Penguin Club, a public speaking group for women. The Penguin Club Certificate of Achievement recognises the contributions made by a member in community and professional life, using her speaking skills developed in The Penguin Club. Read more...